One of the common questions that every cannabis user has in mind is how I consume cannabis most effectively? Since ancient times, humans have grown and consumed marijuana for medicinal and recreational purposes. Consuming medical marijuana in a prescribed amount by your cannabis doctors can help relieve symptoms, and allow you to experience profound relaxation. However, different ways are preferable to consume cannabis, but not one method is the best for everyone.
This article will discuss the top five ways to consume cannabis to reap the benefits of medical marijuana for your health and wellness.
Before we begin to describe the best and healthiest ways to consume medical cannabis, let us ask you if you have an Illinois cannabis card?
Cannabis in Illinois is legal for medicinal and recreational purposes. However, there are still many advantages to joining the Illinois Medical Cannabis Program. Therefore, obtaining a medical marijuana card is still recommended.
Learn more about why you need an Illinois cannabis card
Let’s get started
Top Five Ways to Consume Cannabis for Your Health
1. Medical Marijuana Edibles
Suppose you are a health-conscious marijuana fan, and we assume that’s what redirected you here. In that case, medical marijuana edibles (Pot brownies, THC gummies, and baked goods) are your go-to products for consuming cannabis rather than smoking. Nonetheless, you have to be quite cautious while consuming marijuana edibles, as they’re far more potent than smoked cannabis. Nevertheless, according to a study published in 2016, edibles have been found to provide relief with symptoms of ailments like muscle spasms, pain, nausea and vomiting, appetite stimulation, epilepsy, and several psychiatric disorders.
Want to consume cannabis edibles effectively? Read the tips below.
- Start with the lowest dose, just 2 to 5 milligrams. When the effects become tolerable, then gradually increase the quantity.
- It can take up to an hour for the effects to kick in, after which the results can last from 4 to 8 hours.
- So if you want to make edibles at home, consider the proportions.
- Yet it is impossible to precisely determine how much THC is present in a portion of the homemade edible items. As a result, it can lead to unintentional overconsumption.
Get your marijuana card now for a better cannabis experience.
2. Medical Marijuana-Infused in Your Favorite Drink
Are you a sucker for medicinal teas or drinks? Try to consume cannabis-infused flavorful tea for a freshened start to your day, or you may want to wind up with a hot cup of beneficial beverage. Medical marijuana-infused drinks can be more effective than edibles. In addition, having this heavenly drink can soothe your nerves better. Cannabinoids in cannabis tea or coffee will be absorbed by the body quicker than edibles that need to be digested.
3. Cannabis Tinctures or Oils
Have you ever wondered why everyone in the cannabis community raves about cannabis tinctures so much? They are becoming increasingly popular because of their ease of use and quick onset of action. Medical marijuana tinctures are highly concentrated alcohol or oil-based marijuana extracts that you may consume sublingually (beneath the tongue) for better absorption.
You have to fill the dropper, place the liquid under your tongue, hold it for about 30 to 60 seconds before swallowing, and boom! You will start experiencing the effects within 20 minutes, and the results typically last 2 to 3 hours. While it may have a slight flavor and aftertaste, you don’t have to worry about the strong smell of plants that you usually get with marijuana cigarettes or edibles. Best of all, tinctures come in handy, so you can carry them with you anywhere you want.
4. Medical Marijuana Topicals
Medical cannabis topicals such as creams or ointments are eminent to soothe the pain and discomfort locally without making you feel stoned. As the name indicates, topicals work directly by applying to the skin. It takes almost one hour for the effects to kick in. We recommend reading the label instructions correctly before you use any cannabis product.
5. Capsules or Pills
Marijuana capsules or pills are the most convenient and typical way to use marijuana without smoking it. Toss one in the month and drown it with your drink of choice; water is preferable. However, capsules are absorbed by the stomach and metabolized by the liver (1st pass hepatic metabolism). The onset of action is similar to edibles. The effects should take anywhere around an hour to kick in and last for at least 4 hours.
Pros and Cons of Cannabis-infused Products over Smoking
Whether you prefer edibles or any other described method to consume smoking, every way comes with pros and cons. However, all these methods are safer alternatives to smoking for patients with lung conditions. Choose to consume cannabis in whatever way you want, keeping in mind the pros and cons we will mention next. Rest assured, cannabis is the solution for everything from relieving soreness in the body to feeling euphoric and relaxed; a consumption method is to match.
- Edibles or capsules are better options for patients with respiratory conditions or people who want to avoid smoking.
- Cannabis edibles come with an infinite array of options; you can go for anything that suits your taste.
- If you use cannabis topicals, there will be no psychoactive effects, which means you will get all the benefits of cannabis without feeling stoned—a win-win.
- Tinctures are discreet, and effects can be felt within 20 mins.
- The risk of overconsumption is associated with edibles because effects take time to kick in. As a result, people have excess amounts or miscalculate the doses.
- The side effects of overdose include confusion, anxiety, panic, paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, increased blood pressure, faster heart rates, and nausea.
- Edibles and capsules take longer to kick in.
Schedule a risk-free consultation with one of our expert cannabis doctors
You may decide your favorite method to consume cannabis from the mentioned options. These alternative methods to smoking cannabis are hands down healthier and more beneficial depending on your symptoms. Suppose you have a debilitating condition and want to obtain your Illinois cannabis card. We at Cannabis doctors are here to guide you through scheduling a risk-free consultation with one of our competent Illinois Marijuana Doctors.
Schedule your appointment now at www.cannabisdoctors.com or call us at (630) 551-8210. Check our clients ‘ reviews if you wonder why you should choose us.
Start Your Cannabis Journey with Us Today For a Healthy, Happy Experience!